Huawei has launched the latest smartphone in the flagship series from the company which is the Huawei Mate 10 which is the latest smartphone from the Huawei Mate series. However, the company also has a sub-brand named as Honor which has also been launching the flagship smartphones every year. Last year, we saw the Huawei Honor 6X which was the flagship smartphone from Honor. Now, the company has launched the successor to this smartphone which was launched last month.
The latest smartphone from Huawei Honor, the Huawei Honor 7X is also the flagship smartphone from Honor this year and this smartphone has been launched in the budget range in 2017. Now, the Huawei Honor 7X has already been claimed by some of the popular websites as being the best mid-range smartphone to be launched in 2017. Talking about the Huawei Honor 7X, we have already seen that the smartphone comes with an edge-to-edge display which is seen on almost all the flagship smartphones launched this year. Apart from that, the smartphone also has a dual camera setup on the back which is also the common feature in the smartphones from 2017.
Also, the smartphone comes with a 6-inch Full HD+ display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels that has an 18:9 aspect ratio. Along with the dual camera on the back, the smartphone also has a portrait selfie feature on the front which blurs the background of our selfies to give a bokeh effect via the software. Other than that, the smartphone has 4GB RAM, up to 64GB internal storage and comes with Android 7.0 Nougat based on Huawei EMUI software skin.
Now, there are many users of the Huawei Honor 7X who will want to install any Custom Recovery or Custom ROM on the device. For this, you will have to unlock the bootloader on your device which will let you do all the customizations. Now, the process of unlocking the bootloader on the device is not as easy as found on the OnePlus devices. However, it is fairly straight-forward and we have attached the complete tutorial below to unlock bootloader and root your Huawei Honor 7X.
- Make sure to backup all your data as this process will completely wipe the data on your Huawei Honor 7X.
- Your device should also have at least 50% battery or more to proceed with this tutorial.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your Honor 7X. To do this, go to Settings->About Phone and tap on build number 7 times which will show Developer Options. Now, click on both the USB Debugging and OEM Unlock tick boxes.
- You should have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. To install ADB and Fastboot, you can follow our tutorial from here.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader and Root Huawei Honor 7X
- First of all, you will have to visit the Huawei website from here and create a new account to get the bootloader unlock code. Log in to your account and go to Downloads > Unlock Bootloader and fill the form with your IMEI number and all the other necessary details from your phone.
- After this, you will get the unlock code once you submit the form on the next page.
- Now, open your ADB and Fastboot installation folder and download both the files mentioned in the downloads section and place those files inside the ADB folder.
- Now, connect your smartphone to the PC via a USB cable and open Command Prompt window inside this folder and type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- After this, type the following command once you are in Fastboot mode:
fastboot oem unlock unlock_code [Note that you have to replace the unlock_code with the actual unlock code from the Huawei website]
- Now, your bootloader will be unlocked and you will be able to install TWRP on the device
- Now, you have to type the following command inside the command prompt which will install TWRP on the device
fastboot flash recovery twrp_Honor_7x.img
- After this, TWRP will be installed on your phone and you will have to boot into TWRP recovery to proceed further.
- To do this, you have to turn off your smartphone and press Power+Volume Down button for a few seconds to enter TWRP mode
- After this, select the Install option in TWRP and select the SuperSU zip file that was downloaded from above and swipe to flash this zip file.
- Now, your SuperSU zip file will be installed on the Huawei Honor 7X also which will let you have root access.
- Now, reboot your device normally and enjoy your rooted Huawei Honor 7X
- Once you follow all the steps properly, you will have unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP recovery and rooted your Huawei Honor 7X.
Make sure to follow the tutorial step-by-step in order to have a successful installation.