Since the releases of the Galaxy S4, Samsung has been criticized severely for cutting off the SD card storage space for its users. The company later tried to defend itself that the used space were utilized in giving the users more features but that was not a logical explanation at all. If we buy a phone with 16GB storage capacity, it must be somewhere near to the promised/advertised space.
Anyways, Samsung seems to have taken that complaint seriously and today they have started rolling out a new update for the LTE variant of the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 that houses Snapdragon processor. A big number of users in Germany and China have reported receiving the OTA update with 365.67MB size.
The new update with PDA version I9505 XXUBMEA can also be availed by the users of Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 who do not belong to Germany as we have the link to the full firmware that can be installed manually using Odin. As the very size of the OTA indicates, this is a major update that brings a lot of new feature and improvements in the performance of the device.
Features and Changes:
Here are some of the new things that have been discovered so far by users:
- More stable performance.
- Semi-transparent status bar (see the post image above).
- More free RAM.
- New Move Apps to SD Card feature that lets you move an app to the SD Card.
- Improvement in camera picture quality.
- New “Increase legibility” feature that can be found under Settings> My Device> Display.
- New Smart Pause toggle in Quick Settings under Notification Panel.
- Improvements in the S Planner app.
How to Install:
Download the firmware and extract it on your desktop. Inside the extracted folder you will find a file with .tar.md5 extension. Install this file by clicking on PDA button on Odin3 tool for Windows. For detailed installation guide click here.