Everyone is using screenshots – some use it to share something with their friends while some use it showcase their home screen setup.
Did you ever wonder how the developers create those screenshots with device frame for their apps in the Google play store? Well, they are highly knowledgeable and use some advance photo editing tool like Photoshop. Everyone can’t use such complicated software. If you want to create something like that than you don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard any more. Now you can create amazing screenshots using your Android smarthphone with the help of Screener. Yes you don’t even need a computer to do this.
Screener is an app that lets you wrap a device around your screenshot and make it look awesome. The app contains 20+ devices to choose from. It includes all the famous devices like Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Samsung Galaxy S6, etc. It even have frames of some of the most awesome smartwatches like Motorola Moto 360, LG G Watch Urbane, Samsung Gear Live, etc.
Screener contains 2D and 3D frames of a lot of devices and is very easy to use. All the functionality comes wrapped in a simple and friendly user interface. It also follows the material design guideline established by Google very efficiently.
Here’s How To Use Screener
- Open the app and tap on the hamburger menu on the top left corner.
- Select what type of frame you want to use from the sidebar. Screener provides three types of frames (flat, minimal, and 3D).
- Once you select the type of frame you’ll see a list of devices whose frame it offers to use.
- Select one device. It could be a smartphone or a smartwatch. Smartwatches are only available in flat frames.
- Tap on the plus icon on the middle of the screen to select a screenshot.
- At the bottom of the screen you get options to customize the frame. Tap the sun like icon to render an image and tap the square-ish icon to add shadows.
- Now tap the white arrow with blue background on the bottom right to customize the background.
- For background customization you can either add an image from your gallery or use a solid colour. The ability to blur the background only works with images and not with solid colours.
- Once you are done with the customization tap on the icon on top right corner to get the options to save the image, share the image, or add it as favourites.
I found the app extremely useful since I have take a lot of screenshots and it simplifies the process of customizing those screenshots. Everything worked perfectly except sometimes the app force closed on its own and as a result all the customization that I’ve done couldn’t be saved and I had to start again. But since this problem was not frequent there is nothing much to complain about.
Did you find Screener useful? Tell us in the comments section below!